OUR TALENT POOL
Our business model is to offer our clients advisory and support services only from highly qualified individuals who have a proven track record working within the industry for well-respected companies, whether those individuals are Directors or self-employed Consultants, our Talent Pool. We offer our clients a service from the most experienced, collaborative, motivated and skilled people available. Our people enjoy what they do and are focussed on getting the right outcomes for clients.
All our people are multi-disciplinary and multi-skilled and can undertake discrete pieces of advisory or review work or manage, oversee or support larger projects.
The following are the skills for the core team. Due to ongoing assignments the availability of our people, both Directors and Talent Pool, will change from time to time. To determine whether we have the right skills for you please contact us by email or telephone.
Our people include:
Director and General Counsel of International Insurer and Lloyd’s Syndicate with 20 + years’ experience.
- Management and oversight of significant projects involving:
- Restructuring and Part VII arrangements
- Solvency II implementation
- Development, review and implementation of governance, risk and control frameworks
- Responding to skilled persons reviews
- Remediation of issues following skilled persons review
- Corporate governance reviews
- Development, review and implementation of MI for Board and Board Committees
- Internal investigations
- Development of approach to licensing
- Managing regulatory and government relationships
- Review and restructuring legal and compliance departments to meet business needs and ensure effectiveness
Compliance, internal audit and risk management specialist. Chartered accountant with 25+ years’ experience at household names operating at board level in the Lloyd’s and international insurance market.
- Regulatory compliance framework design and reviews
- Internal audit function design and quality assessments
- Risk management framework design and effectiveness reviews
- Preparation for regulatory reviews, applications and interviews
- Information security framework design and reviews
- Corporate governance and board/committee effectiveness reviews
Experienced compliance professional with 35 years’ experience in the Lloyd’s Market operating at board and senior management level for a number of notable managing agents.
- Development, review and implementation of control frameworks including alignment with risk management controls
- Financial crime: risk assessment, control monitoring, documentation and training
- Development, review and implementation of conduct risk models including documentation, MI and remediation
- Modernising board and committee structures, conducting board evaluations
- Dealing with applications under the Senior Managers regime and carrying out skill assessments
- Responding to Skilled Person reviews
- Remediation of regulatory requirements
- Automated compliance monitoring
- Writing and updating policies to adhere to current best practice
Qualified Company Secretary with 20 years’ experience in both public and private companies. Former Company Secretary of PLC with extensive governance experience.
- Governance and effectiveness
- Board support on either projects or regular business
- Regulated entities including insurers, Lloyd’s syndicates and brokers
Compliance specialist with over 15 years experience at UK, regional and international level and is the Former Chief Compliance Officer for global US insurers.
- Control frameworks: design and implementation
- Conduct risk: models, MI and remediation
- Responding to Skilled Person reviews
- Remediation of regulatory issues
- Culture: defining, measuring, reporting
- Automated compliance monitoring
Senior Claims professional with 30 years’ experience in Lloyd’s and London market. Former head of claims for a Lloyd’s syndicate. Legally qualified with current practicing certificate.
- Technical claims handling in MAT, Energy and Political Risk classes of business
- Claims management reviews including effectiveness of management and MI
- Design and implementation of claims processes including authoring of process documentation
- Design and delivery of training at all levels using a variety of media
Senior Enterprise Risk professional with 10+ year’s experience at UK and Head Office level. Former Head of Operational Risk for global UK insurer, with project management and accounting background.
- Developing and embedding Solvency II Pillar 2 compliant Risk Management Frameworks
- Developing and embedding Risk and Control Self-Assessment frameworks
- Establishing Emerging Risk frameworks
- Developing and delivering risk reporting to Board Risk Committees
- Developing and delivering risk training
- Providing technical expertise and risk leadership
Experienced operations and change professional with over 30 years in the Lloyd’s and London market operating at board and senior management level within the market and Corporation. FCII and MBA qualified.
Management and oversight of projects involving…
- Change and Business Transformation
- Regulatory and Market Change
- Stakeholder management at all levels
- Setting up and leading teams
Experienced IT & Operations professional with 20 years’ experience across General Insurance, Reinsurance, Lloyd’s and Life Assurance operating at Executive level. Certified 6 Sigma Black Belt and Prince MSP.
- Working with Boards to deliver complex change programmes from inception to business as usual
- Defining and delivering IT Strategies aligned to business goals and budgets
- Driving business benefits through process optimisation focussing on People, Process & Systems to deliver short/medium/long term benefits
- Vendor Management – establishing new relationships & improving existing ones, track record in delivering value to the business whilst building partnerships with vendors
- Dealing with complex people issues – building and enhancing capabilities to support the business’s targets and goals
Internal Audit specialist and Compliance Monitoring Consultant in the Lloyd’s Market, Sales Project Manager and Senior Investment Banking Operations Specialist within market leading US and European banks, with over 12 years of experience in the Financial Services. MIBA Graduate.
- Eight years of Internal Audit experience within the Lloyd’s market focusing on underwriting, governance and regulatory reviews across a range of medium sized Lloyd’s syndicates
- Experience of presenting reports at Audit Committee level and to PRA representatives, specifically for thematic reviews carried out on underwriting and pricing
- Professional knowledge of Lloyd’s and external insurance regulatory and SOX reporting requirements
- Strong risk based approach to planning and enacting detailed requirements of the Audit Plan
- Experience in dealing with and communicating to professional stakeholders of all levels
- Experienced Project Manager and delivered results on time and in budget in investment banking
- Professional knowledge of a multitude of operating systems in insurance and investment banking
- Diploma in Economic Engineering and a Masters in International Business Administration
Compliance Director for major Reinsurance broker and former FSA regulator with 25+ years’ experience in the Financial Services market.
- Corporate Governance and Senior Insurance Managers Regime.
- Conduct Risk: Lloyd’s Managing Agents and implementation of MS11 requirements.
- Insurance: Conduct of Business – review of operating model in response to FCA VREQ requirements.
- Reviews of key Policies and Procedures, specifically in response to FCA Section 166 process.
- New businesses: authorisations of brokers and MGAs.
- Reviews of delegated authority arrangements (Lloyd’s and non-Lloyd’s).
- Legacy: extensive exposure to Solvent Schemes, Part VII business transfers and other measures involving finality of “run-off” businesses.
- Compliance Officer and MLRO (CF10/CF11) for authorised Investment Company, specialising in Insurance-Linked Securities and other “non-traditional” insurance instruments.
- Up-to-date business-as-usual responsibility for Sanctions and Licensing referrals.
Compliance specialist with over 20 years insurance experience at Lloyd’s and UK Plc’s operating at an international level. Former FSA supervisor.
- Experience of various regulatory regimes globally including Europe, Asia and the US, managing regulatory and government relationships.
- Structuring and developing compliance teams & design of holistic compliance plans to best support the business.
- Regulatory risk framework design and implementation.
- Design and implementation of remediation projects to address various regulatory and conduct issues.
- Undertaking financial crime risk assessments and developing associated controls, monitoring and bespoke training.
- Development, review and implementation of conduct risk models including documentation, MI and remediation, with particular focus on delegated authority arrangements.
- Writing and updating compliance policies to adhere to current best practice and align to business requirements.
- Management and oversight of significant projects involving including Part VII arrangements, integrations of acquisitions, and implementation of group wide regulatory standards.
- Undertaking internal investigations and have been independent panel member for regulatory enforcement hearings.
A Senior Consultant with over 7 years in the industry.
- IDD issues including, training staff, developing remuneration and other policies, creating IPIDs and client disclosure documents
- Financial Crime including a creating a Financial Crime Framework and advising on the potential impact on proposed risks
- Leading a KYC team at an international broker
- Certified GDPR Practitioner with experience of developing data retention and privacy policies
- disseminating how regulatory change (including Insurance & Enterprise Act, SIMR and Transparency at Renewal) will affect a firms’ operations, informing senior stakeholders and putting a compliance plan in place
- conducting international licensing research