Our compliance activities cover the full spectrum of support for UK regulated insurance firms.
Overview of Compliance Services
We provide compliance support to FCA, PRA and Lloyd’s regulated insurance firms and those looking to enter the market, either as a UK-based entity or as an overseas firm seeking authroisation to carry on regulated activities in the UK. Our team is able to provide firms with advisory support, co-sourced or out-sourced resourcing support and training for your own employees, from junior to board-level.
What We Do
Our compliance activities span the full range of issues faced by UK regulated insurance firms, and their international subsidiaries, parent firms and associates from the maintenance of frameworks (including policies and compliance risk registers) through annual planning and day to day advice or support on the following:
- Applications for Authorisation, Variation of Permission or Change in Control
- Preparation for interviews/meetings with the regulators
- S.166 and Lloyd’s Reviews and remediation
- Reviews, audits and health checks on all aspects of a Compliance function including resourcing, frameworks and all other activities
- Development/review of compliance frameworks and operating models
- M & A Due Diligence on Risk and Compliance and management of functional mergers
- Advice on all aspects including annual planning activity, compliance monitoring, compliance reporting, regulatory perimeter guidance, horizon scanning, international licensing, complaints management, financial promotions, ICOBS, GDPR and data protection/privacy. delegated authorities and Appointed Representatives, financial crime frameworks and controls, Insurance Distribution Directive including IPIDs, Senior Manager & Certification Regime (SM&CR), whistleblowing frameworks
- Compliance training to business, compliance functions and Directors and NEDs
- Recovery and resolution planning
- Operational Resilience
- Co-sourced and outsourced arrangements
If you would like to know more about the way we could help your firm, please speak with one of our Compliance specialists.
Latest Compliance Case Studies
Latest Compliance Articles
The FCA has issued two letters to firms involved in the manufacture and distribution of products, expressing its disappointment at the progress made on value assessments. Palak Bedi looks at the actions firms must take.
The FCA has published its ‘final’ rules on the way principal firms oversee the activities of Appointed Representatives. Kenneth Underhill looks at the impact on firms.
The new Consumer Duty rules set a high bar for firms in the way they manufacture, sell and service insurance products to retail consumers. Kenneth Underhill looks at what it means for insurance firms and why boards need to act now.